Sunday 17 January 2010

taster

Between posts addition. a hiccup of boredom, if you like.*

When I was younger I accidentally broke a mercury thermometer on my desk. The liquid baubles of deadly awesomeness spread everywhere. The best way to describe this to a protected, mercury-safe population is it looked like 20 silverfish sliding around my desk, towards every possible horizontal direction, looking for a hiding place when someone switches the lights on. It was decided that I better had clean it up, and wash my hands a minimum of twenty million times, to be safe. And so I did - I did not wish to die in such a stupid accident, so insignificant and so uncool. For about a year I kept finding bits inside my notebooks, in CD cases and even in my blue SONY Walkman (aptly painted over with black nail varnish). This has resulted to a perpetual (and by now, probably permanent) fear of CD cases, excessive hand-washing after handling books, and avoiding placing pens in mouth, when they have touched my working area. But don't feel sorry for me, the adrenaline buzz makes me concentrate better.



*I typed "hiccup" and not "hiccough", to be more street. I personally prefer the unnecessary complication of the latter.

2 comments:

  1. lol! maximum lol! love you. please write for my magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i write about angst? i'm full of it. so much to share!xxx

    ReplyDelete