Tuesday 30 October 2012

bumped into a babe

dressing a cradled doll up like a real baby
with torn pieces of
yellowing gauze
the true
original
essence
of a heart
filled up to the brim
with the magic ability
to see past the present
into the world of a caring happy family hug.

i caught a wisp of the tufty fabric
walking slowly with patience
my steps at different pace
to the pram pushing magician.
my fingers sighed with relief
at a task to distract them from
not having got there yet
not having picked at
each other's varnished gloss.

she suddenly stopped her stride
and breathed in with alarm.
around she turned
her feet slowly moving consecutively
one inch at a time.
the rest of her body gently lifting
pushchair made of plastic.
i caught a glimpse of magic
the baby smiled at me.

standing too close and in front of her baby

i backed off as quick as i could say
'oh my'
bowing a little
while inverted voice asks me
'why??'

a serious question to threaten my integrity,
ever apologetically,
i fake i know and sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment